Wednesday, August 27, 2008



THE THINGS OF NEPHI'S SOUL

I love to read authors that can express themselves to such an extent that the same or similar feelings can be stirred up in the hearts of those reading their commentary. Can you feel that way when you read the writings of Nephi?


2 Nephi 4:15-16
15 And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul delighteth in the scriptures, and my heart pondereth them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children.
16 Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the Lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard.

Much of what Nephi wrote was for me, for me to ponder. His writings were not for any historical value (although that is very interesting), but for the soul. I suppose if I made a concentrated effort to study Nephi I could come to know how he felt.

My question is - “is there value in knowing how others feel?”

No comments: