Friday, August 29, 2008

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning


Before you read this post follow this link and listen to this song!



I can remember as a young boy my parents took us to see the movie Oklahoma and I have always loved the song as it was sung in this scene.

When I rise in the morning I am always full of more enthusiasm, energy and grateful for a new day.

Alma 37:37
37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day. 

Direction from above, protection and be drawn (or lifted up) to Christ.  All this for gratitude to God!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is a great post, Mike. I can remember my dad singing this song almost every morning to get us out of bed. Thanks for the great memory and also for sharing the scripture!

caribickley said...

Any day that I am standing up straight and breathing in and out is a beautiful day. I love this musical. It is impossible not to smile when you hum the music from it. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today.
Cari

Deb said...

Dad-

This song makes me think of you. You are always so positive. Thanks for always being upbeat, you always help me to remember to be grateful for every day. You are a great example to me. I love you.
Deb