Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let's Honor the Veterans


My Mother with 4 Kids and Dad is off to war!

While I was growing up I knew that my father served in the Army during WWII, however to this day I know very little about his service. How wonderful it would be to know many of the things he saw, what he experienced and how he felt about it all. I know he was in the Philippines and then in Japan after the U.S. took over there.

On this Veteran’s Day I would like to honor him in a small way. He left a family of 4 children, me being the youngest of less than a year. What a hardship that must have been for my mother and my older siblings. I probably didn’t even miss him. In fact I know when he returned I didn’t want to have anything to do with him for a while. I got over it and loved my father very much. He was a great man and we can be thankful to him and all veterans for their selfless service to each one of us.

No comments: