Friday, June 12, 2009

TRUTH "As I See It"

 
Every day is filled with the pursuit of truth.  To many the truth cannot be found.  It seems that most believe that religious truth is a matter of interpretation and only applies to our particular circumstances.  My truth is for me and your truth is for you.  They may or may not be the same, but it serves my purpose just the same.

The apostle John gives us an account of the Savior’s response to Pilate when asked if he were a king.

John 18   
37. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
38. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

It seems to me that Pilate wasn’t interested in the truth for as soon as he asked the question he turned and went out to the Jews to render his decision.  Maybe the 
Savior answered this question or maybe he felt that Pilate was not really interested.  Up until now we have no real answer.

Alvin R. Dyer once stated; “Religion, in the true Christian concept, depends upon revelation from God for its faith and teachings of truth.”  If it hasn’t been revealed to man by God and hasn’t been proven by using the scientific method, then I believe our opinion is just as good as anybody else’s.  We need to be aware that in many cases as we pursue truth each day it probably can’t be found.  However, we can be confident that if science discovers a “truth” that is contrary to the revealed word of God, then it can’t be true.

Following the above statements; Can we find political “TRUTH”?

No comments: