Thursday, March 19, 2009

BIRTHDAYS ARE IMPORTANT

Each year many of us celebrate the date we were born. It is a time to reflect on where we have come from, who we are now and what we will become. Our history is not only valuable to us, but certainly to our family and to those with whom we work and play.

Birthdays are often the beginning of a new phase in our lives such as driving and dating (age 16), baptism (age 8) and many others. Unfortunately it’s also a time for some to do things or to feel they can do many things that aren’t so beneficial. This is when we can be grateful for good homes where strong values are taught and practiced.

I am grateful for the birthdays of my grandchildren. It’s a time to think of them and reflect on their unique personality. It’s a time to ponder their lives and pray for their success and happiness.

Sunday our oldest grandchild, Madison, will turn 10. She is a beautiful girl inside and out. I made this video in her honor. It was a joy to pull out some of the pictures I have taken of her over the years I have known her. We love her.





1 comment:

Bonnie said...

She is a perfect 1-! What a beautiful young lady and lucky little girl to have such a talented set of grandparents! Good job, Mike.

I was telling Connie that we became grandparents in the same week. Piper turned 10 on the 18th. Little did we all know how much joy that one event would create in our lives, right?

I was hoping you would post this after Connie told me about it~thanks for sharing. Happy Birthday Madison!